Sunday 15 February 2009

weekend

I certainly had a lovely weekend. How about you?

Friday - Pravda Freshmen Awards.
I had gotten there so early that I almost died out of boredom.
No wonder people start drinking too much just out of dullnes, apathy and boredom.
Finally several acquaintance arrived and I actually had someone to talk to which was rather lovely. Without them the evening would have been quite horrible. It ended really early though - at like 12.30 and I left pretty soon after.

I was really pleased with performers and some of them there just so amazing. Be sure to check out Migloko who I totally adore, Nauji Lektuvai, Gon and Suicide DJs.

myspace.com/miglai
myspace.com/newairplanes
myspace.com/6on
myspace.com/suicidedjslt



Saturday
Somehow I managed to get up early and decided to go to the book fair. Fortunately it wasn't so crowded at noon.


My purchases:

Claudio Zucchelli, Dag Kirsebom - Hard landing: the fairy tale of rise and fall of estonian economy
Ian Jeffrey - Photography. A Concise History.
Orhan Pamuk - The Black Book
Algis Mickunas, Arvydas Sliogeris - Filosofijos likimas
Jean Genet - Journal du voleur (Diary of a Thief)
Romain Gary - Au-delĂ  de cette limite votre ticket n'est plus valable (Your Ticket Is No Longer Valid)
David Ogilvy - Confessions of an Advertising Man

I'm pretty much satisfied with every purchase as I got quite a few bargains. But by the time I had finished my shopping, it got so crowded I could barely walk. And everyone is just so impolite - someone blatantly crashes into you and doesn't even care to apologise. How awful is that?

Later I had to go to In Vino where I had been invited for a birthday party. While it isn't such a cozy place it didn't really matter this time. There was lots of wine which was pretty good and we certainly had a great time.

It reminded me that my own birthday is pretty soon. How should I celebrate it?

No comments:

Post a Comment